Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving weekend just flew by. Rick and I both had Wednesday off work. The kids had school so I worked in Kaitlyn's classroom while Rick stayed home and worked on our new garage. After I left Rick's mom called and said she needed Rick's help getting Grandma in the car. She had swollen up so much she couldn't walk, stand or barely move so she was taking her to the hospital. So when they got to Kadlec they found that she was retaining fluid so much that it was even in her lungs. They admitted her. I got home with the kids after school and Rick was just finishing sheeting the garage. We asked Wendy to take Kaitlyn while we took Trace to Home Depot to get windows, insulation, a door and some other misc. stuff. We met Kathie for dinner in Tri-Cities and got the latest on Grandma, got our shopping done and headed home.

I love having Thanksgiving at my house. My mom wanted to make a turkey so I really didn't have that much work to do. Rick went out and got the windows in the garage. I finished getting the house ready and then made the food I needed to make. Rick deep fried a small turkey and my parents, Kristin, Scott and Kathie came over to enjoy a delicious dinner. Everything came out great! After dinner we headed down to Rick's dad's for desert and to visit with all of them. It is tradition that we draw names for who we buy for on Christmas. The kids had the best time and were so good. It is always crazy to get 4 of them the same age together but the boys teamed up and the girls teamed up and they just had a blast. Kaitlyn and Meredith headed to Kathie's for a sleep over - NO BOYS ALLOWED. Kathie said they were so tired they were asleep within 30 minutes of Steve and Michelle dropping them off.

Friday I got up and did the crazy shopping thing. I got the kids pretty wrapped up and 2 of our 4 draws done. I also made ANOTHER Home Depot run for sheet rock. Rick got all the insulatating done and then spent the afternoon out scouting with Mike for deer hunting on Sat. Grandma got out of the hospital. She is doing better and will hopefully take her medication as needed. The kids and I just hung out and spent the evening getting updates from Kristin and Scott on the Prosser football game. The radio feed didn't work so you can only imagine what that means for a town that lives for their football! Prosser won and will be heading to the state championship game this coming weekend. Go Mustangs! Trace wouldn't nap during the day so while I was sitting in the living room I noticed it had gotten really quiet in his room. This is how I found him... think he was tired :-)

Saturday Rick got up early and went hunting. I had a day of nothing ahead of me. I'm not good at those days! I am so used to go-go-going all the time that being home this much this weekend has been crazy. Sara came over in the afternoon and stayed with Trace while he napped so I could take Kaitlyn to a friends house and make yet another Home Depot run. It is pretty sad when they know me in there now. And we are just starting! Rick got home around 3 and I called Devin to see if he could come over to help with the sheetrock in the ceiling. His cousin Kyle was in town so they came over and they got all the sheetrock up on the ceiling! It is coming along so well!!! I think Rick is very happy.

Today he has to finish the sheetrock on the walls and take a door out from the side of the house and move it to the outside door. The next step is putting in the door in the kitchen but the cabinets in the kitchen have to come down for that so we'll do that last. We are putting all new cabinets in but we aren't doing that until the garage is done so we will try to limit as much time as possible to be missing the existing cabinets... not that I cook much, haha.

We hope everyone has had a nice long weekend of family and friends!

No comments: