Monday, August 3, 2009

What to do... what to do...

Saturday was Cheyanne's birthday (our friends Jeremy and Nicole's daughter). Cheyanne and Kaitlyn are the same age and their younger daughter Taylor and Trace are the same age (they are also boy friend and girl friend if you ask them!). So Nicole asked me if they could take the kids on Saturday and keep them over night. Who am I to say no. Rick dropped them off on Saturday morning and they had a day of fun with the Douglas family.

Rick called me right before I was about to leave work and said to stay in town and meet him at Anthony's for dinner. YUUUMMMM! We had a fabulous dinner watching what we can only describe as FOOLS out on the river (it was 108 degrees out! How could it even feel good on the water unless you are IN the water.). After dinner we went to the mall and browsed around a bit and then headed over to watch The Hangover. The movie was hilarious. Definately not for everyone but Rick and I both completely enjoyed it and laughed the entire time. When we left at 9:30, it was still 100 degrees out!

Sunday Rick had to work and I had no kids to wake me up. Leave it only to me to be up at 7:30 but it sure was nice to read the paper, sip my coffee and not have to break up one fight. It also gave me time to go over all the ads to price what I wanted to get Rick for his birthday. His birthday isn't until Wednesday but we have the most insane week ahead of us and Rick was in big time need of a pick me up. So I cruised down to Tri-Cities, KIDLESS and not having to head to work, and started my journey to buy him a new TV.

I ended up with a Vizio 55" LCD. We are not techie people... we are not movie watchers... we don't have a clue on electronics. So high end anything isn't necessary, I just figured it was time to moth ball the 36" tube tv that has made its home with us the last 9 years. It will works, it just is a nice square (as opposed to the nice rectangles modern era TV's are), it weighs approximately 3 times what the 55" TV weighed, it has to sit on a stand (which the new is on now until we decide where we want to mount it) and well.... it was time for a big screen. My brother in law came over to help me move the old one out and set up the new one (which worked out well since he is color blind, haha) and I believe his words to me were: You were the last ones I know with a old TV, even the old people have a flat screen. hahaha.

I went and picked up the kids around 4:30 and we were home and waiting for Rick to get off work. He walked in and was so happy to see his new TV. I'm sure he was even happier when he got to watch Hannah Montana and Wizzard's of Waverly Place all on night.

Today is the start of a pretty crazy week. Tonight I am going to a CAbi show of their new line and Rick is getting the kids. It is our only down night. Rick will be busy the rest of week getting the racecars ready for Stateline this weekend. Kaitlyn is heading to the west side with Kathie on Thursday so Trace and I will have a day in Spokane on Saturday. Rick thinks he wants to drive home after the race so we can have Sunday to be home. I figure we will see how he is holding up at the end of the week. He has been working in Vegas 2 of the last 3 weeks. While he has enjoyed being down there, it is hard being away from home and his normal job. There is lots waiting for him!

So thats us in a nutshell.... aaaaggggghhhhhh, back to blogging finally :-)
Photobucket

No comments: