Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Adjusting...

Well we made it through the last week of school.... WAHOO!! Kaitlyn had a great last few days of school. I think it was harder on me saying good-bye to her teacher and watching the year officially end. I love that her school tells the students who their teacher is going to be NEXT YEAR the last week of school. The kids get to find out who their teachers are and then go to their new classroom to meet the teacher and see who else is in their class. Kaitlyn's teacher will be new to 2nd grade next year but not new to the school. She taught 6th grade this year.

The kids raced this weekend at the kart track. Trace got to practice both days and got cleared to be able to race. But Rick decided to wait one more race to let him race. He is so little that he gets tired after a few laps and while he'll make the turn, he sometimes will forget to straightened the wheel back out after the turn. Its all about being 4! Kaitlyn had a good race weekend and got her first win of the season... she actually finished 2nd but was awarded the win after the race. Her lap times are really improving and she and Seth are going about 5 seconds a lap faster than the old track record. Since she has to move up next year we went ahead and purchased her new kart. She is going to practice it for the first time this weekend.

I was absolutely dreading Monday as it was going to be Kaitlyn's 1st day at daycare. For the last 2 years summer daycare and Kaitlyn has been a drag. I spend all morning and my drive to Tri-Cities with her crying about not wanting to go to daycare and just wanting to be with me all day. Much to my surprise and happiness, she woke up Monday morning with a "I'M SO EXCITED FOR DAYCARE TODAY!" She has a packed summer and has more fun activities and camps planned than she will know what to do with. I should have held off on my excitment though as it turned out to be Trace that then had to be the one to state his un-happiness. Daycare has been his turf for the last few months so it was a new thing to have sissy there. Jackie said he spent some time in time-out and had to be talked to but by yesterday all was back to normal. I'm just crossing my fingers that we stay on track all summer now!

With the business, the horrible weather and who knows what else, I managed to pick up a killer cold. I left work yesterday at 3, picked up the kids and pretty much just parked myself on the couch for the night. I did get laundry folded, I'll admit not put away but folding was 1/2 the battle right! I got lots of much needed sleep last night and feel like I'm back on track today. The weather is finally supposed to start warming up and hopefully the wind will die down.

I know most of the school districts around here get out this week so for those of you finishing up the school year, I hope its a great last week!

No comments: