Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Last week of school!

Sorry it has been a few days since posting. Life is as always, BUSY.

Trace finished up school last week and had his end of the year picnic on Friday. He joyfully talked all weekend how it was SUMMER!!! When I asked him what that meant he said, "it means no school for five days." I knew I was in trouble! Yesterday morning was a little confusing and sad. He didn't like not going to school first. By the time we got to Liberty (which by the way was 20 minutes early since I didn't take into account not having to go to his school first) he was bawling. Daycare said he did fine, it will be a bit of an adjustment but he is going to have a busy and fun summer. This morning things went much better.

When I dropped Kaitlyn off yesterday she came running back to the car to tell me it was awards day. Another notch in the MOM OF THE YEAR belt for me. One of the other mom's called me later in the morning to make sure I knew because Kaity was very upset that I wouldn't make it. Rick was able to leave work, Grandma Sue was able to take lunch and I ran over there just in time to see her get her class award. Her teacher talked about each child and then gave them a trait that best described them and a scripture that went with that. Her teacher said Kaitlyn was the student that was always in the know... that she was always concerned about what was going on with others and if someone was gone she wanted to know why and if they were ok. He he he he... I have NO IDEA where she gets that from. She also said that she was the first student to offer to help or get something for one of her classmates (oddly enough, the exact same thing Trace's teacher said about him) and she was given the trait of encouragement because she was always there for her friends. Her class won the school walking contest. Since the beginning of the year she completed 40.8 miles. Every child in her classroom did at least 25 miles and one little boy finished 1st individually in the entire school with 52 miles! It has been such a wonderful year for her, I am so sad to have it ending but excited for next year. Her school is going to have a lot of changes, a new Superintendent, a new principal, several new teachers... but I'm sure everything is going in the best direction for the continued success and excellent education and values that this school is giving their students.

Kaitlyn races this weekend. We don't know yet if Trace will get to also. Both kids will practice on Saturday and then I think Rick will talk to the board to see if Trace can. He is doing pretty good, not real fast but isn't all crazy and out of control. He wants to be on the track every minute and gets so mad when its time to come off and take a break. Thats about it for our weekend plans, of course that will take up Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully the weather cooperates because it is pouring buckets today.

Well back to my work day. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww, you sound so proud of your kiddos. Give them big hugs for me. Miss you guys!