Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Alive and BEHIND!

Oh my goodness I don't know where the time goes! I can't believe how long it has been since I have updated... so here is a quick run down of our month so far.

These are from our New Years party... Uncle Steve got all into wrestling with the kids. It was pretty funny watching 4 kids and Steve in a dog pile. Meredith was very concerned that her dad was ok.... so were we with those 4 kiddos!


Next up came Trace's glasses. Right before Christmas we found out that Trace has horrible eye sight and was extremely far-sided. His new specs finally showed up on January 2nd. He is doing fantastic in them and we have noticed a huge difference in him. Plus he looks so darn cute in them!

Our bathroom project continues on. I have a gorgeous tile floor...well actually now the walls are textured and painted but I haven't taken pics of that yet. Rick put in these very cool metal tiles to add a little bling. I love it... it just made it all pop. He did a great job for his first tile experience!


Kaitlyn finished her Impact cheer camp by performing at the girls and boys basketballs games. The girls did such a great job. Kaitlyn LOVES dancing... so much so that starting next week she will be in jazz on Monday's and ballet on Wednesday's. Add that to swimming on Tuesday's (and she is a heartbeat away from making pre-swim team at CBRC which is what leads into the big swim team the Channel Cats) and she is going to be one busy little girl...with a very busy mommy!

This past Sunday was the Miss Prosser JR Miss contest. Kaitlyn was asked to be part of it since she is Little Jr Miss Prosser. At first she was just going to hand out flowers to the girls and pull the names for the raffle drawing during the intermission. Well by Sunday she and Lauren ended up being on stage from the intermission until the end. The big girls did a great job and our new Miss Prosser and her court will represent our community well! Kaitlyn got to open the envelopes of each winner and hand them to the MC. We had to have a long talk about not looking at the name and reacting...she was nervous but did such a good job. Rick and I got a kick out of watching her on stage.

So that leads us to the present... Trace is sick, really sick :-( Rick stayed home with him today and will stay home with him tomorrow. I'll stay with him on Thursday. Poor little guy. He has the cough and a fever and is just flat run down. Hopefully having a nice down week will get him on the mend!

I am proud to report that have been to the gym 7 times in the last 9 days! I started my diet 2 weeks ago and excercising last week. My mom asked me if I was enjoying it and I can say without a doubt the answer to that is NO! I hate working out BUT in 2 weeks I have lost 8 lbs so how do you argue with results? And I will admit, I do feel good afterwards and it is a great stress reliever!

Rick has started working on the racecars so he is gone on Tuesday and Thursday nights. We miss him lots but I enjoy having some mom and kiddo time. Plus I don't have to worry about anything but a kid lovin dinner!

I hope everyone is doing well and I will do my best to get back on board with blogging.

No comments: