Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight Savings = no savings on sleep!

We had another busy weekend which just flew by. It was my weekend off but both kids had school on Friday. I got the spend the day with Trace's class and got to have lunch with him. He even served my food for me.... so cute! I figured he would be a total spaz when I got there but surprisingly he did really well and just kinda ignored me. After school his teachers came over to our house for our home visit conference. He is doing well and I think this program has been just a huge benefit to him.

As soon as we were done with the teachers Rick raced up to Tri-Cities to pick up a trailer he bought on an internet auction. We have been looking for a trailer and just could not decide what the best option would be for us. We need something that will haul around Kaitlyn's go-karts, soon to be Kaitlyn and Trace's go-karts, something we can take to the mountains with the ATVs and motorcycles and it would be nice to have something that could also haul Rick's race car. Rick is planning on running a few races in Yakima this summer but thats about it. His time really needs to be focused on getting the house stuff done so we can try to get it sold. But even those few times racing would be really nice to have something that would fit the car and the pit cart. But on Friday he found this small trailer at the auction that had been hit from behind and he made a low ball bid and got it. So once he got it home he worked on tearing it apart so he could get stuff ordered to fix it on Monday.

Saturday was pretty laid back. We went out to the kart track and Kaitlyn got in some more practice. She is doing so well. Her times were right at the track record so I think she is ready for her first race.... and she has a few weeks to go still! We had Cheyanne and Taylor spend the night Sat. night but the kids were so tired from being at the kart track all day they were all asleep fairly early.

On Sunday Rick took Kaitlyn back out to the track for a little more practice. Trace and I cleaned house and hung out for a while. I went and got Carson so Trace and him could ride bikes. I cleaned my car from top to bottom, which was quite the task! Driving 600 miles plus a week with 2 kids definately takes its toll on the inside of a car. But I got it nice and clean and hopefully the kids will keep it up!

When Rick got home he drug out the motorcycles and let the kids go for a ride. It was Kaitlyn's first try on the MR50 which has a clutch. Yea, she needs a little more practice. But for being 7 and never trying something like that, she did good. Carson was standing next to me watching Kaitlyn and Trace and asked if he could try it. I called Wendy and she said that was fine. Ummm, yea.. the boy is hooked. Uncle Rick had to stop him once to tell him he could not stand up when he was riding and then a 2nd time when he found how fun it was to drift it in the lose dirt pile. Since he was riding his old motorcycle that we bought for Trace (yea the one he had no interest in just one month ago) Wendy asked him what the deal was. He told her that where he had riden it before was just too bumpy and that he really wanted a Yamaha (which turns out to really be a Kawasaki). Kids crack me up!

So the time change has me all kinds of messed up. I'm not too sure why but I can't seem to get enough sleep. That is a far cry from the, can't sleep, that I have gotten used to. So hopefully I will get back on track soon :-)

1 comment:

The 4 Martells said...

where will you be moving once you sell the house?