Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Forget spring, here comes summer!


(my new favorite saying)

It's like a light switch was turned on and everyone decided it's summer! It is supposed to be 90+ the rest of the week, the store is SLAMMED and I'm exhausted. Don't get me wrong, I am soooo not complaining about being BUSY. The next 10 days will be the biggest of the year for us and with the weather having been so cruddy we will be twice as busy as past years. So exciting!

We had a very nice Mother's Day. We spent the morning working around the house and then went to a bbq at my parents. My sister and Scott and our 2 sets of "2nd parents" (Al and Mikki, Bob and Pam) joined Mom, Dad, Rick's Mom and my parents neighbors for a very nice dinner. On the way back into town we stopped at Rick's Dad's to wish Sue a Happy Mother's Day.

Kaitlyn races this weekend on the brand new paved go-kart track. The kart club board has done an amazing job on the improvements, we are so excited to see it all come together this weekend.


Here's a pic of the rocks we added to the front and side. I have to figure out what to plant in it now. Any suggestions??? I need EASY TO TAKE CARE OF, since I am like the worst ever at high maintence anything :-) But if you have any ideas on what would look good, I might just have a little something to send your way as a thank you.

A few months ago I posted about these great friends doing great things in the racing world back in North Carolina. Well I want to give a big shout out to Sam for becoming the new Truck Chief for #2 KEVIN HARVICK INC. race truck. Ok so I have to cheer for Jack Sprague, which will bring me great pain, because Sam and Heather are such good people, great friends, and of course HUGELY talented, I will do it... the things you do for friendship :-)

2 comments:

The 4 Martells said...

Hi Karen glad to hear you had a good mother's day. I do have a suggestion for the planter. 1st I would put a bloodgood maple on the corner of your house. You can get them at Costco right now for a good price. ALso you could plant some otto luken across the front. and then some hosta and or hidranga down the side towards the back (these are shade plants so I think this side gets mostly shade right?). If not you can do otto luken down that side also. All of these plants will be low maintance and look awesome. Let me know what you decided. I love to do this kind of stuff. Good luck.

Heather said...

Hey, at least it's not K B, lol! JK

Thanks for the congrats and sweet words. It wouldn't mean as much without great friends to share it all with!