Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer sickness...

It has been a week of sickness around this place! Last Tuesday Rick left work at noon with the flu. The kids and I stayed outside until bed time and just let him sleep and hoped he would keep those bad germs to himself... NO LUCK! Wednesday morning he woke up feeling a ton better but Trace had it. Poor little guy was in bad shape. Rick stayed home with him and when he finally stopped throwing up at 11:30 he fell asleep and slept til 6!!

The kids spent the week at vacation bible school and just had the best time. Trace usually doesn't want to participate too much when it comes to the singing and if they have a closing. But this time was different. He stood front and center and DANCED AND SANG AND LOVED IT. Rick and I were shocked but loved watching him.

Both kids got to race on Saturday night. Kaitlyn had fast time, won the heat race and got 2nd in the main. Trace got 5th. He just decided he was ready to go fast. He did so good. Their main event didn't even start until 10 pm, which in my opinion is INSANE. Rick and I had serious doubts about even letting them race because both our kids are in bed by 9pm just about every night. Add that to the fact that they were outside in that heat all day and Kaity saying her tummy hurt and she didn't feel good... it was just too much. Kaitlyn cried and cried before the race and kept saying she didn't feel good but she was adament that she wanted to race. I just told her if she didn't feel good to pull in but we told her if she wanted to race it was up to her. She is such a trooper! She did so good and was asleep as we pulled out of the parking lot (15 minutes after she took the checkered flag).

On Sunday we headed to the river with Rick's family. We had a bbq at Columbia Point and went out in Wendy and Kevin's boat. Trace tried the tube and HATED it. I was on it with him when he just had a complete panic attack. He was perfectly content just sitting on the boat watching everything. We docked for a little bit and when we went back out he said he wanted to try again. Wendy and I figured it would be VERY short lived but guess what, he decided he loved it. This time he cried every time he had to get off. Yep, thats my boy!

Carson, Trace and Kaitlyn

Carson and Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn complained off and on all day Sunday about her tummy. She is about the biggest worrier you have ever met. Not that I can say much since I know she totally gets that from me, I just keep it all bottled up inside and then do silly things like not sleep. Not Kaitlyn though, she lets everyone know what her problems are. Rick was going crazy listening to her whine about everything and then say her tummy hurt. I, THINKING it was part of her nervous/worrying traits, just went a long with it for as long as I could. She slept great on Sunday night and we didn't hear another word about a tummy ache. But guess what, by lunch time on Monday my stomach hurt so bad I could barely function. One of the girls that works at the store brought a Costco hot dog back for lunch and I about lost it just walking into my office. I was sweating and thought I was going to keel over at any minute. I finally left work at 4 and went home. The worst thing was I could not throw up so I just continued to feel horrible. Rick took the kids out to dinner and I was asleep by 5:30. I didn't really start feeling well until about noon yesterday. So now I think Kaitlyn's tummy problems was actually some weird version of the flu. Sorry Kait!!!

So today we are all on the mend. We have soccer games tonight. Thursday and Friday should be pretty low key. Rick is heading out of town for the weekend with his brother. They will race in Wenatchee on Saturday night and then head to Seattle for the NHRA drag races on Sunday. They have some VIP tickets in a special Napa area so they should have a blast. The kids and I will do something fun on Saturday night and/or Sunday. I just haven't decided what yet :-)

Our big exciting news is we are all booked for a fabulous Disneyworld vacation!!! I worked on it all last week and got the hotel, park passes and airline tickets booked last week. We are going to fly down on December 3rd. We are staying at a Disney property and will enjoy 6 days at the parks (and we'll get to celebrate Disney's Christmas festivities where it even snows on main street!!). The kids and I will fly home on December 10th and Rick will stay to go to the Performance Racing Industry convention the 11th-13th and will fly home on December 14th. The kids are so excited and of course so are Rick and I. It will be a great get away!!

Well I should get back to work... it has slowed down this week some, still busier than normal which is nice. But I do like having some time to get a few other things done since the evenings are pretty much gone by the time I get home. I hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

tharker said...

Oh, being sick in the summer is no good! Here's to a nice long break before you're all sick again!

How fun that you will all be heading to Disneyworld. And seriously, you picked a great time! When it's all cold and yucky here, you'll be chilling in the warm breezes of Florida!