Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2nd Grade or Bust!

We officially have a 2nd grader!! She has so nervous last night and of course could not sleep. She woke up in a great mood this morning. Rick called to wish her luck....

I made her pose out in the front like she has done every 1st day of school....


Kathie came and got Trace to take him to my parents for me. So Kaity and I got a nice quiet ride to school. I could tell she was a wreck. She was so quiet the entire time....

As soon as we pulled into the parking lot and parked the tears started rolling. I got out and hugged her and asked what was wrong. She told me that this will be the 1st year she won't have her friend Katy in her class. They were in K-4, K-5 and 1st grade with eachother.... she found out yesterday that Katy was not going to be in her class :-( So we walked to her line and she didn't want to talk to anyone. But then I saw Katy in her line and I said, Kaitlyn lets get your 1st day pic with Katy. So we walked over to Katy and she put all her stuff down and gave my Kaity a big hug. Well thats all she needed. The smile reappeared and the happy and excited girl returned!


So I snapped a few pics with her friends Hannah and Annika (Hannah is the blonde and Annika has the brown hair)...


Then the principal came out and did a prayer for a children (and the oodles of parents lined up all around) which fyi I think was for Jamie and I because we agreed to be co-room moms again when no one else signed up :-)...
All the teachers stand up front with signs so the kids know where to stand...
And then it was time to go and start her day...
I know this is going to be a great year for Kaitlyn!! How could it not be, her student class number is 16! She was soooo excited when she found that out. I can't wait until 3 when I get to hear all the details of her day :-)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Kaitlyn's hair is beautiful! I wish I was able to braid like that but my hands and fingers just don't seem to cooporate. :(

The first day is always so scary for everyone (parents, students, and teachers). I'm sure once she got inside she totally forgot she was ever nervous!

I can't believe how grown up she has gotten. These pics of her first day make her look extra grown up. You and Rick are gonna need to be watchin for those boys a callin'!

Becky ♥ said...

She looks so cute! Becca, Rachel and I were just talking last weekend, about how you do hair so good! I wish I could braid like that. I know Kaitlyn will have a great school year and I'm sure she already made a bunch of new friends on her first day :)

Heather said...

Aww, what a touching story and beautiful girl.