Friday, August 8, 2008

Lightning and Fire!

For the last several days a storm has been brewing. They had been predicting an electrical storm and even put us on a warning for fires. Well for once our weather people got it right (not that this was a good thing!). At about 10 I heard the sirens start... I looked out the window and saw the sky just illuminate over and over. I didn't pay much attention after that and fell asleep.

A little after 11 Rick came in and woke me up. He took me outside and this is what we could see!
It looks a lot closer than it actually was... but it was close enough! We stood outside for a long time watching and taking pics. Surprisingly it didn't burn that much and while the paper said it was a tough area for the firefighters to get to (on the side of a hill, steep with nothing but brush) the aftermath this morning was a lot better than what it could have been. Here are a few shots I got with my little camera... this is why I would LOVE a nice big camera :-)


No comments: