Friday, April 4, 2008

A week down for this weak one...

So I updated everyone on the wedding details of our trip to Vegas. We really had a great time. Tuesday Amee, Michelle and I hit the outlet mall and then headed downtown to adventure into Barney's. I have to say, seeing - touching - and holding a real Prada purse was fabulous. Maybe someday I will be able to understand how a purse the size of most of my wallets can cost $1290. That is a whole bunch of knock-offs people!!! All 3 of us got new shoes, Amee got 3 pairs. I found some great deals in the Tommy outlet store and got a couple of pairs of capri's... made my trip :-)

Tuesday evening was the wedding. After the reception, Steve/Michelle, Amee, Rick and I had dinner at Diego's in the MGM. I did not feel good and since I hadn't eatten anything since breakfast I had munched at the reception so I didn't really have dinner. But I did manage to have a couple of bites of Rick's Carne Asada and it was to die for. After dinner we headed back to Hooters, please don't laugh!, and gambled for a little bit and then went out to the pool and sat by the fire until around 11:30. Amee left at midnight to fly to Maui so we enjoyed a few more minutes of a visit with her and then crashed when she left. I am too old for this late night business, I am not much more than a 1 margarita or a glass of wine kind of a drinker and I can not handle smoke so by midnight I was beat! Wednesday morning we headed to the M&M Factory to get gifts for the kids. It took every ounce of everything I had in me BUT I managed to actually purchase some Kyle Busch stuff for Trace. I know how proud Becky is that Trace is a Kyle Busch fan but I am so not. We wandered down to Planet Hollywood (PH) and got 1/2 way through the Miracle Mile mall, LOVE THAT PLACE! Even Rick said he would like to stay there next time. I'm sure that is because of the Hawaiian Tropics Restaurant that is there and the fact that the girls wear even less than the Hooter's girls. We walked back to Hooter's and had lunch and then headed to the airport. We were almost 2 hours late leaving Vegas so it was a late night on Wednesday. My parents had dropped off Trace at S and M's since Kaitlyn was already there. All 3 kids were sleeping and Trace was not at all happy about being woken up.

Rick was hacking so bad when we got home that I went out to the living room and laid on the couch. I'm pretty sure God was watching over our house because at about 1:30 Trace fell out of bed. I heard it right away and was able to get to his room very quickly. He was screaming and there was blood everywhere. I'm not sure how he landed on his nose but he did. A little history here, about a year ago he and Kaitlyn were playing on the floor in the dining room when her foot "accidently slipped" and kicked him in the nose which ended up breaking his nose. So the little guy has a sensitive nose anyways and now he had managed to hit it again. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a towel and got him back on his bed. I wiped his face up and got him holding the towel when it all hit me. Between my total weakness of seeing blood, flying out bed, and not feeling the best anyways... the room began to spin and I thought I was going to lose it right there. I made it to the kitchen yelling for Rick. He came flying out of the bedroom and there I was sopping wet and pale white. All I could get out was go to Trace's room. What a total whimp I am!!! All the commotion woke up Kaitlyn I had made it back into the living room to lay on the couch to continue to catch my breath when she came in and asked what was going on. I didn't even get out the entire sentence of feeling like I was going to be sick before she was running back to room and shut the door. She feels about throwing up, the same way I feel about blood. What a group we are :-) Trace was fine, didn't even remember any of it when he woke up the next morning.

Kaitlyn's first race is on Sunday so she and Rick will go practice tomorrow and get things set up. I have to work tomorrow, which I'm not so much looking forward to. But I will hopefully be able to take some time off next week to be with the kids during Spring break.

So thats all for my long windedness. I hope everyone has been doing well and has had a nice week and will have an even better weekend!

2 comments:

Becky ♥ said...

Oh and I am sooo very proud :) Im still waiting for you to congragulate me on my victory yesterday..and 3rd place today wasnt too bad either :)
Im glad Trace's nose is okay!!

Heather said...

Oh geez, sounds like life's been a crazy whirlwind for you! And the drama of Trace's fall... I'm glad you are both okay!