Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And Just Like That....Its OVER

Well the signs are coming down, we can actually watch TV without hearing and seeing ads telling us all that is wrong with 'the opponent' and we can click on MSN without being inundated with election details...sorry, I was in a daydream there for a minute.

Major Gripe Of The Day: Like we have not been living this for the last 2 years. Yes we remember every detail, how could we forget any of it! Is is really necessary for every media outlet to reply the 'defining' moments of this election????????????

The Good: Terry Bergeson is O.U.T. which I am praying means the WASL is next. Having Kaitlyn in private school means we don't WASL. But if for that reason alone, private schooling would be a serious consideration for me (a child/sister/sister-in-law of PUBLIC school teachers) because I hate that teachers are being forced to teach to a test. Well Randy Dorn, make your mark! And please don't do it with a 'test'!

The Bad: I think the Presidential race in general was bad but since I am openly a Republican, conservative, a small business owner, wife of a gun-loving hunter and Pro-Life the end result was not what I had hoped for and honestly I'm worried. ***Sigh***

The Ugly: Christine Gregoire re-elected??? I can't get past the fact that she cost our community thousands of jobs and that under her leadership our state is going more and more in debt. And if we end up with a state income tax.... ohhhh this is one I shouldn't even get started on.

George Bush has created a mess.... there is no debating that. And the Democrats have been all about how they can change things. So here's the chance. Democratic President - CHECK, Democratic House - CHECK, Democratic Governorship - CHECK. I know that my beliefs are MY BELIEFS and I know that if our country thrives economically that is to ALL OF OUR benefit. I know that if there is a way for more Americans to get affordable healthcare, that is to ALL OF OUR benefit. I know how lucky I am to be able to vote and how lucky I am to be able to freely state my opinions. I hope on the issues that this country so desperately needs healing on (jobs, healthcare, taxes , war) I hope he will be able to start working toward that promised change. The rest of it...all we can do is pray.

And just like that, 2 years in the making, over a billion dollars in campaigning....its over. Funny though, you know who I predict the real winner in all this is, Sarah Palin. She went from Governor to Celebrity. I don't think we have seen the last of her.... but will it be politics or Hollywood??? Time will tell, on so many important issues, time will tell.

3 comments:

The Morfords said...

Amen!

Amy said...

Wondering if all this political stuff has taken its toll on you. ;) Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well at the Thompson home. If it is anything like ours everyone is going in 15 different directions at once...but Thank Goodness harvest is over for another year!!!

Anonymous said...

You said it sister. The next four years are going to be scary. I hope Palin sticks with politics. I think she is a strong woman and hopefully will not get sucked into the policial games.