Monday, November 10, 2008

A Weekend Off...

I had my first weekend off in... I don't know how long :-) On Friday morning I got up and took Kaitlyn to school. I was there forever chatting with the other moms in the parking lot. It was cold but fun knowing I didn't have to be any where! I drove back to Prosser and got home just as Rick and Trace were heading out to do a little shooting. I picked up house and really didn't do anything else. We all went up to get Kaitlyn from school at 3 and then went to see the new Madagascar movie. We all enjoyed it, Trace just didn't want to sit because, "HIS BUTT WAS TIRED" but for the most part he did pretty well. We went and had dinner at Applebees and then Rick met up with a guy he works with and his brother to chat about hunting on Saturday.

Saturday and Sunday were the first 2 days in a row that I didn't leave Prosser in months. Rick went hunting both morning but was home early enough to demo our master bathroom. By last night it was nothing but ply-wood floor and studs. Tonight he is going to go get the shower pan and the sheetrock and cement board to start putting it back together. That little bathroom is a 3/4 bath with a stand-up shower. We decided rather than putting one of those shower kits back in we will tile it but do the pan floor. He is going to add can lights and while reading tips on how to make your bathroom LOOK high end on a LOW END budget, I found where you take crown molding and attach rope lighting just above it and run a switch so you can have just the rope lights on at the ceiling for a night light. I think we will do that also. This morning I went to Home Depot and Lowes to check on sheet rock pricing and wondered over to look at the vanities at Lowes. The manager was back there and said to check out a pile of stuff he had at the end of the isle and if I was interested to come and get him and he would make me a deal. Well they had a dark cherry wood vanity with the porcelain sink top sitting there with a medicine cabinet next to it. He told me he would sell me the vanity/sink for $80 and the cabinet for $10!! I snagged all of that and now won't feel so guilty when I put in the faucet that I am in love with (oil brushed bronze).

Kathie took the kids to her health club yesterday to swim and then out to dinner with Peggy. Rick and I enjoyed the quiet time. Back to work for all of us today but I get to stay home with the kiddos tomorrow.

I took some pics of the bathroom demo but I forgot my camera cord today so I'll post them tonight. I hope all of you had a nice relaxing weekend!!

No comments: