Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rick and I both came down with rotten colds late this week. I started feeling bad last weekend and thought by Tuesday I was going to re-bound but no such luck. I have a horrible cough. Rick came home from work on Thursday feeling horrible. He slept all afternoon and pretty much all day Friday. So much for a big progress weekend on the bathroom.

So today we are both feeling ok, better than the last few days for sure! I have spent the day being lazy and I hope you are all sitting down... BAKING. I had to test out the NUMMY MUFFINS that Amy shared on her blog. I didn't make them muffins though, I made the mini loafs and they are delish! Then I made a batch of white chocolate chip cookies. I think I am trying to get motivated to do holiday baking. I haven't done any the last few years and I have big intentions to get after it this year. We'll see how that works out :-)
Rick and I sorted out some electrical in this old house this morning. We have converted it from baseboard heaters to central heat and air and have one messy panel. The plan is to do a panel swap sometime soon (when its warm out!) but in the mean time we needed to figure out the power in the bathroom since we will be adding some new lights. We actually got a ton of it sorted out and have come to find out we have a lot more power than we had thought ~ so that was great news!!

Right now Rick and Trace are ripping out the carpet in the master bedroom so that Rick can start to bring in his tools and use the master as his workspace for bathroom. We moved all of our bedroom stuff down to the living room in the basement, which makes using the bathroom down there a lot more convenient.
Well off to get ready to head to dinner at Gustafsons. We get to meet Dobie, their new Min Pin.... the kids are so excited! We have lots of deserts to take!!
Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad you tried the Pumpkin recipe! You had a busy Sunday but I bet you totally enjoyed it after not feeling so great all week! Hope everyone was feeling even better waking up this Monday morning!