Friday, November 21, 2008

Results...Conference...Hair

Those were the 3 biggies of my day...

Results! Kristin began her National Boards for teaching at the beginning of the year. Today she got the results for the first section she did. The odds are against most teachers as the passing ratio is not that great. At 6:00 am she found out that.............SHE PASSED! Congrats Sis!!!

Conference... today was Miss Katy's first school conference of the year. Her teacher told us she as always, is quite the perfectionist. She actually lost points on her handwriting scores because she would erase and re-do so many times that the erasing took over. She had a great report card but she was devastated when she found out she did not get straight A's (yep they start a real grading scale in 1st grade at her school). Since she has homework nightly her scores were not much of a surprise but the letter grades attached were. She had a 94% in math. I would have thought that would be an A maybe an A-.... nope that would be a B+. Her reading was a 89.7% and that was a B-, talk about tough. She thought she did horrible, poor girl. We told her she was doing fantastic and that it was the stuff her teacher said that was more important to us. That 'stuff' was that she was so kind, such a great helper and just a joy to have in class. It is always nice to hear those things from other people, especially a teacher! I thought it was a success!

Hair... I ended my day in Tri-Cities with a cut and color, my favorite! I always love going to Kathy and having her fix me all up (wax, cut, color). She has just opened a 2nd salon in Tri-Cities for young girls called Crush.. it is fabulous and you should definitely check it out.

We have the kids race banquet tomorrow night. I think we will lay low tomorrow during the day. Kind of nice to not have to be any where. I might even bake. That was scary just to write but I have seriously baked something the last 3 weekends. Wow, crazy!

1 comment:

Lolli said...

Wow...great day for you! Isn't great hearing those things from teachers?! I love how you emphasize to Katy how great she is doing. I wish we could get rid of grades. School is about learning and growing as a person.

I'm so proud of Kristin too! I knew she would do it. She has put so much time, thought, and effort into her National Boards. I hope she gets to celebrate!!