Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sending the love...

Well we survived the day, which started out a little on the insane side. Kaitlyn was a mess from the word go. She drags her feet so bad in the morning but today was even worse than normal. Add that to the fact that her ears must have been SERIOUSLY plugged because she heard NOTHING I said. So add that to the fact that she left her 100 day celebration - 100 item bag in the car when I dropped her off... and wham, makes for a perfect morning! I got the call about 10 minutes after I dropped her off that she was hysterical and she wouldn't calm down because she was so upset that she didn't have her 100 pennies. So I drove back to the school and gave her the bag. Did the trick, when I picked her up she was in a great mood, had a great day, life was perfect (did I mention not even a thank you for bringing back her bag). haha, well at least it was a great day!

Trace spent the evening with Grammie Kathie. They went to the movies and dinner. It sounds like he had a great time.

Kaitlyn and I came home and worked on her Valentines. She enjoyed having all of mom's attention and I had fun working with her on it. We finished everything and got some treats together for Trace's 3 teachers.
Kaitlyn's treats and cards
Trace's teacher's mailboxes
Trace's cards
Rick has an ear infection, yuck! He came home and slept all evening and is back in bed already. Hopefully he will be on the mend tomorrow. He needs to finish Meredith's birthday gift tomorrow night so its all ready for her birthday this weekend. I can't believe Mere and Trace are going to be four already!! For anyone that doesn't know both my kids are days apart from their cousins. Rick's sister Wendy and I were pregnant the same time and Kaitlyn is 3 days older that Carson. Then on round 2 Rick's sister-in-law Michelle and I were pregnant at the same time and Meredith is 4 days older than Trace. Makes for fun times!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines day... I hope you can spend it with the ones you love the most.

2 comments:

The 4 Martells said...

Karen did you make all Kaitlyn's Valentines from scratch? They are so cute. Do your kids go to a private school or is there not to many kids in her class? Your so creative. Good Job Mom!

tharker said...

Seriously. Those Valentine's are so cute Karen! You are such a great mom.