Saturday, February 9, 2008

What have we been up to?

Well until about 6 pm last night the answer to that was NOTHING! We had the lazy lou's all day yesterday but I guess that turned out to not be such a bad thing because when we got the motivation we got to work!

Here is the bags of garbage that we have compiled from 3 rooms in the basement:

(this is in addition to 10+ bags that have already been delivered to the local thrift store)

Here is my cleaned laundry room... (shelves to be added above the washer and dryer and a clothes folding table coming soon!)

And that storage room that we couldn't open the doors in... well here it is with doors open wide! Still needs a little more TLC but we are oh so close.

I went down to Rick's dad's this morning. Sue has the tool for the snaps and gave me good directions for my fabric shopping. Rick is actually going to bend a bracket out of metal for me to hang in the closet and that bracket will be mounted to a piece of wood that will be covered in fabric. The fabric will have the loops with the snaps sewn on to it. I think I will also take the advice of the ORGANIZATIONAL QUEEN and put my not so often and seasonal purses in labeled containers. Did I mention we even went and bought a label maker!!

It is such a good feeling to walk down the stairs and and know that my basement isn't such a pit. I might actually even welcome people to come down there. We will start to empty the bedrooms out probably tomorrow and then begin to demo them, going to even take out the sheetrock and the ceilings so we can put in new recessed lighting. The big debate right now is if we take the windows out and have the concrete cut to bring them to code. The pro is that we could officially call this a 6 bedroom house and the con of course is then having to pay property taxes on an additional 1200+ square feet. Probably time to call a real estate agent and get some advice on that!

The kids are resting and we'll head over to our friends from a game name and the Budweiser

Shoot Out car race shortly. Should be a fun night!

4 comments:

The Morfords said...

Looks like fun to me Karen! I love organizing stuff and I just reorganized my closets over Christmas break ... Dan even bought me a label maker for Christmas a couple of years ago (pretty sad, huh?). If you want a few ideas, let me know. I might have some that you could use :)

Heather said...

You go girl!

tharker said...

Wow! Great job Karen! I really need to organize (ie. Throw out a bunch of crap)

The 4 Martells said...

I love to organize also. I just wish I had the motivation to do it more often. Looks good.