Friday, September 26, 2008

Balloons...Balloons...BALLOONS!

This is one of the most anticipated weekends of the whole year in my household - Kaitlyn's birthday (which isn't til Monday) and Prosser hot air balloons. When she was younger we got away with telling her that the balloons came just for her birthday. Now she has wised up to that but it is easy to remember when they are coming.

Last night the kids saw the vans and trucks around town and could hardly wait to get up this morning to see the balloons floating over our house. At 6:15 Trace came running into the bathroom while I was showering and informed me that there were no balloons out. He was not happy. I hurried up and got ready, both kids surprisingly got dressed right away and we headed out the door. We got downtown just as the first balloon launched. I swear it was way later than normal but it worked for me. We sat down by the airport and watched 2 more launch and the rest getting ready. Both kids were so excited. There is no way I will be able to NOT wake up and take them tomorrow morning now.


Tonight we are having Kaity's birthday party. We heading to the Racquet Club for swimming and rock wall climbing. It is going to be a LONG night and a EARLY morning to follow.

3 comments:

The 4 Martells said...

Hi Karen sounds like a fun weekend. So how does the hot air balloon thing work. My boys would love it. Never heard about it.

Amy said...

You got some WONDERFUL pics. I agree that they launched MUCH, MUCH later than usual this morning!

Yes, I have the two boys home with me. They seem to be getting along so far!

Hope Kaitlin has a wonderful birthday party tonight.

tharker said...

That looks like so much fun. I love this picture of Trace chasing the balloon. What a sweet, sweet boy he is!