Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday madness....


(A few more parade pics that Rick took)

Aggghhhh another Monday, another morning of craziness. Actually the kids did pretty well getting up this morning and getting out the door. They are both still tired from a late night at the race track (and apparently not waking up until 9:30 and 10:30 wasn't enough sleep for them yesterday).

We had a nice lazy day yesterday. Rick and Trace headed up to my parents in the late afternoon to unload the race stuff. Racing didn't go well, Rick broke some stupid mount on lap one of the main event. Scott was leading and ended up getting together with another car with 10 laps left and spun out. And Steve hurt his motor...all-together, not a great night! But anyways, when they went to unload Kaity and I went grocery shopping. My least favorite task.

(Kole and Trace competing in the big wheel races at the race track...Trace made it to the time trial round but the lady decided to move him back 10 feet not realizing that would mean his time was longer than everyone elses... yep racers!)

Kaitlyn had decided to clean the bathroom (she is really working hard at showing us how bad she wants her own bathroom when we move, haha). She wanted some handtowels to hang up to make it look nicer. So we got those and I just had to walk by the fabric section (gotta love Wal-Mart, ummm NO!). My dear friend Tiffani has a new love of aprons. She has been blogging all about fabulous aprons. So me, yes me the one that does not cook and does her best not to clean, being the silly one I am decided to get some fabric to make a few. Poor Rick came home to a living room of fabric thrown every where and scraps from my cutting, ect. It took a while and boy would my M.I.L. die from my lack of proper technique, really ugly edges and just all around not prettiness on the inside (I surely am not going to be in contention for the next big thing on Project Runway!).... but I think should Kaitlyn ever decide to want to cook she will look pretty darn cute! And I had fun. (notice the gathering in the waist, yep remembered that from my days in 4-H when I think I was about 10!)


Trace has no new developments. All his tests came back fine so we are waiting to hear what the pediatric urologist wants to do. He started an anti-biodic and he had a great day yesterday but it sounds like today has been about the same as last week.

I want to welcome Miss Skylee Ray Seth to the world! Becca delievered at lunch time a healthy 6 lb 14 ounce cutie. It sounds like it was a quick and very easy labor. I can't wait to see her!!!

2 comments:

The 4 Martells said...

Karen what a cute apron. MY Mom would be proud of you. Good job girl!

Heather said...

Awww cute! I'm so jealous, my Walmart doesn't have fabric. I haven't even found a fabric store within 30 miles. In reality, it;s probably better that way. I always start projects and never finish, lol.