Monday, September 1, 2008

Carnival...

After the parade the kids and I headed over to the carnival. Kaitlyn went last night with Wendy, Kevin and Carson and decided she was so not into rides (thats my girl!). So when we got there Trace couldn't get to the rides fast enough and she couldn't get to the games. And guess what this meant.... MOM COULDN'T GET OUT THE MONEY FAST ENOUGH. While we are on the money subject, carnivals are insanely expensive. I'm glad we go to like one a year. When it was all said and done, we seriously could have paid for 2 tickets to a major theme park (yes I know there is a lot more moola involved once you get in the door but I would rather go to a theme park any day!).

My parents and Mikki were there so they took Kaity to play some games while I took Trace to ride some rides. I love this quote: "You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." I saw lots and lots of parents (and grandparents!) that seemed to fully understand human nature today :-)

Trace waving...which turned into high-fives once he saw other kids doing it.

Now there is trouble!

I love this pic... they were being total goof-balls.

Trace wasn't tall enough to ride and for what ever reason he was ok with letting Kaitlyn drive him. This is the only ride she would go on today.

This is just too perfect!

Checking out the motorcyle...

Now he is eyeing Lane's because he realized his was pink... at least it was a motorcycle buddy!

Another State's Day has come and gone. This is one of those weekends that I love living in Prosser. When I walk through the park and know everyone and get to visit with people I haven't seen since last State's Day. Seeing the streets lined with people (some who bring their sofas and recliners down to watch the parade) the park is filled with people and the restaurants have lines out the doors. The weather is just thinking about changing and everyone has plenty of subjects to visit about (football has started, elections are going on, racing that occured over the weekend). Fun times and lots of great memories!

1 comment:

Becky ♥ said...

I loved that quote when I saw it and I kept thinking of it when we were at the fair last week. Campbell would wave at me every time around and I would always wave back :) I totally know what you mean about the fair costing a fortune! Good thing it's only once a year..usually :)