Monday, September 1, 2008

Prosser States Day...

Today was the Prosser States Day parade. Rick got up early and headed to the start of the parade at the school. I got Kaitlyn up, ok whos kidding here, Kaitlyn got Rick and I up! and I did her hair and got her ready. I took the kids down to meet Rick around 9:30.
(I so wish this was our car but sadly it had to go home with its rightful owner. Don Schab was kind enough to let us borrow it for the parade. It is a 1955 T-Bird ~ gorgeous, even if it is a Ford)

The parade kicked off at 10. I headed down to our usual Napa spot (it has been the Thompson/Derryberry/Beightol and now Gustafson/Peterson/Walker spot for years so its only fitting that it will soon be Steve and Michelle's!) Everyone was excited for things to start:
Kole and Kendall with their 'goodie' bags... ready to fill them up with candy

Kevin, Dave, Wendy (and Jack), Sara (and Molly)...

Kristin and Scott... I'm pretty sure this is Scott's annual State's Day shirt. Is this 3 years in a row now???

First our nephew Ryan (Sara's fiance) came by in the antique fire truck....

Then came Grandma Sue with her side kick Carson...


And then came Little Jr. Miss Prosser ~ Miss Kaity!!! (accompanied by Tracer and Dad)
Such a little lady she is.
Kole going after the candy... Run Kole Run!
What a fun and LONG parade... State's day is always a fun weekend in P-Town!

1 comment:

Lolli said...

That is an awesome "stick your tongue out" picture!! Kids are so funny. When she came by us (we were sitting at the car wash) she looked like she was just about sick of the waving thing. What a character! There is absolutely nothing phony about her. I like that!

Yeah...I'm a blog stalker too!