Friday, September 5, 2008

Simple sample!

We got Trace's ultra sound results back yesterday and it looked fine. There was no problems and everything was working properly. So our doctor's nurse said that they wanted to schedule an appointment for us to come in and look at starting some medication for bladder spasms. Fine right... WRONG, they scheduled me for September 19th! So after I got composed I called back and told them that I was not waiting 2 weeks to bring Trace back in. We have been going on 3 weeks of this already and it isn't fair to him to have to stop what he is doing 30 plus times a day to run to the bathroom. Apparently there is some 'unusual circumstances' that are pushing out their scheduling and they were happy to pass a message on to my doctor to see if we could get in any sooner. I also asked about a few other tests so she told me that she would go over all of this with the doctor and get back to me but it would be on Friday. UGGGG.....

This was just unacceptable to me. Rick was really not happy so he tracked down Steve Bradley (who has taken care of most of his family's medical issues since...FOREVER but is no longer practicing) and talked to him about it all. Steve agreed with all the tests that have been run thus far but feels that we need to get Trace in to see a urologist. Rick called back to the doctors office and left yet another message for our doctor and said he wanted a referral (gotta love Group Health!) ASAP.

5:00 pm came and went and no word from the doctors office. We were so frustrated. So I did what EVERY concerned mother (and not at all crazy, tired and just wanting to relief for my child!) would do...I called my mom and asked her to call Doctor Matt's mom (I grew up with Matt's sister and we have known his family since I was about 8)... I know, I know. And I really do feel bad about it but guess what, IT WORKED!

This morning, first thing, the doctors office tried to call my phone. I was with a customer and didn't hear it ring. Rick ended up calling them back and they wanted us to bring Trace in to give yet another urine sample. Matt had consulted with a pediatrician and they came up with a bunch more things to look at with a sample. They are also working on getting him into the right urologist, which I assume will be out of town. I took Trace in and he is like an old pro at this. I think he just knows the better he is, the more prizes he gets. He gave his sample, got his 2 stickers and a sucker and we were on our way. They told us that we won't have these results until late Monday.

It will be a busy Saturday for us. Kaitlyn is in a parade tomorrow, I am working, Rick is racing. Whew! Sunday we'll probably end up at the kart track to let Kaitlyn practice because she races next weekend. Or we'll be sleeping all day trying to recover from a busy Saturday.

A few prayer requests... my friend Misty's grandfather passed away tonight. Misty and I have grown up together and she was raised by her grandparents. He has been in pretty bad shape for the last several years. He was such a kind hearted man, who put up with the likes of us for our lovely teen years :-) Please keep Misty, her Grandmother and all of the family in your thoughts and prayers. Also, this lovely family will be expanding sometime this weekend with the arrival of their 2nd little girl. Becca also lost her grandfather last weekend and her little brother had a horrible leg break that required surgery on Wednesday. So its been a long and hard week for her and now the excitment of finding out Dailey's little sister will be arriving...please pray for a healthy delivery! And lastly... please pray that these great friends stay safe and sound and out of Hanna's path. I know Heather has been glued to the news, hopefully the storm will quickly and quietly pass their new home!

The nice short week has flown by but I'm exhausted, I must be getting old :-) I also wouldn't be much of a good Prosser resident if I didn't say GO MUSTANGS. Football kicked off tonight so hopefully they have another great season!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear that you still don't have any answers about Trace. Good for you on doing whatever it takes to get help for him. I think if more people quit accepting being put off by doctors things would change. I know too many people that accept being made to wait, week or months for answers and/or appointments. I hope you can get relief for him soon.

Tell Becca congrats. I blogstalk her all the time, lol.

Thanks for thinking of us, all is well.