Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh yea it's October...

Today is my kickoff to fall. Its all a mind thing, I know - I know, but hey it's October 1st! And how appropriate since it is nearly 90 degrees today. But the weather change is a coming (they are saying down to the 60's this weekend). So in honor of my favorite time of year I thought I would share my favorite things about October. And yes I am so copying Heather and Becky in the favorite list post :-)

  • Weather ~ I love the change of weather, it is refreshing to have something other than HOT and I love that I don't have to water 6 hours a day just to keep my grass a little brown rather than the total dead it is with no water.
  • Work is winding down! ~ Some time in Oct. I get to go back to my 3 hour work days. I am looking forward to this so much, more than words can say! I am in dire need of not being here all the time, my family is in need of me being home more (ok well I hope they are in need of me being home more) and without and doubt my house is in need of me being home more to clean it!
  • Fall colors ~ the falling leaves (as long as they don't fall or blow into my yard).
  • Jeans ~ I love breaking out my jeans almost as much as I love packing them away in the spring.
  • Scents ~ the crisp smell in the air, oh wait that is covered with the smell of smudge pots.
  • Candles ~ I go most of the summer without candles because we are home so rarely. But as soon as fall hits I go buy all I can find.
  • Cooking ~ ok I could barely type that without laughing so I can only imagine what those of you who really know me must be doing. I like to talk a big game about baking and cooking when I'm home more. I print out the recipes, sometimes I even go buy the ingredients. Then I just buy some candles to make the kitchen smell like I baked and then go get some take-out... see no mess that way!
  • Pumpkin Patch ~ we always take the kids to a pumpkin patch and get pumpkins and enjoy an afternoon of 'harvest fun'. The pumpkins usually then rot on the porch until Christmas time. Wouldn't want to waste our money on that adventure.
  • Halloween ~ I love, love, love Halloween for my kids. I love that Prosser still does good old door to door trick or treating. I love taking my kids to everyone’s house, I love having our friends bring their kids to our house. Mostly, I love that Halloween is the kick off to the holiday season!
  • And just because I am such a good wife, I love how excited Rick gets about hunting. I personally don't get the thrill of it. I can't imagine what could be fun about walking miles up and down cliffs in the freezing ass cold (yep that deserved an ASS) and MAYBE seeing something and god forbid shooting it and trying to figure out how to get it back to camp. He might not get scrapbooking but hello.... at least I can stay warm, have a drink and watch TV while enjoying my hobby.

What are you looking most forward to in October???

1 comment:

Amy said...

SOOOOOOO love your new template!!! I also agree with Fall being my favorite time of year. As I was reading your list I kept saying to myself "yep, that is why I like it too."

I was so excited this morning to look outside and see it raining. I have had my candles burning all day! Love it!