Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Weekend Review...

Ok so yea, it's Wednesday and once again I am just getting around to updating this. I know, I know!


Friday Rick had planned on going up and helping Scott practice for the last big late model race of the season. When they got there they were informed that they had decided to cancel the races for the weekend due to the weather forecast. They gave teams the option to stay and practice so Scott decided to stay for a little bit. Rick hung out with them but ended up being home for the evening, which we hadn't planned on. I picked the kids up from daycare and took Kaitlyn shopping at Target to spend her birthday money. She got her Nintindo DS, she was just a little bit excited.


Saturday morning Rick woke up bright and early and headed to Rea's house (our SIL Michelle's sister) to hunt. Rea and her husband have several thousand acres of wheat in Starbuck, WA and happily open up their land for Rick and his friends to hunt on. Rick got his deer, a 3 x 3, but not without a MAJOR HUNT...literally! He shot it early in the morning but couldn't find it. Yep, that would be the 2nd time this has happened. He spent all day looking and finally at 5pm he literally stumbled unto it. Needless to say it was a late night for him. He didn't get home until close to midnight.


The kids headed to Jeremy and Nicole's for the day while I worked. They went up to Tri-Cities and watched the Cavalcade of Bands and went and got pumpkins. After work I headed home to meet them. Since I beat them to the house I started cleaning and as it turns out, I did not stop until Sunday night. Jeremy and Nicole's girls stayed the night with us Sat. night and the kids crashed!


I got lots done between Saturday night and Sunday. I cleaned my carpets and hardwood floors. I gutted Trace's room and the living room. Got everything dusted and took down some pictures in the living room and re-hung some new stuff. I'm trying to get as much of the 'cleaning' stuff done as I can before I go to part time so when I do, we are ready to jump in and start the demo and remodel stuff.


This week has been busy. Monday night we had Kaitlyn's dance (which I love because I get to visit with THIS LOVELY LADY whom I have been awful about keeping in touch with since umm, HIGH SCHOOL). Last night I had to rush home so I could watch the debate. I did however get my bedroom and bathroom cleaned while that was on. Today I had Trace's first teacher conference and Rick is at the dentist. It is going to probably be a long appointment, poor guy! His poor, poor teeth. The rest of the week is just as busy! I am sooooo ready to not be working all the time :-)


Well off to finish up an afternoon of work... and to prepare my grocery list. Ugg, its a grocery shopping day.

No comments: