Tuesday, October 14, 2008

S.O.M.E Student of the Month!



Kaitlyn was awarded the Student Of Marked Excellence for the month of September. She won it for...KINDNESS! How proud are we.... pretty darn proud. She gets to have lunch on Friday with the principal. Way to go Kaitlyn!
**DISCLAIMER: Now if only she could show that kindness to her brother (wasn't so kind when she shoved him off her bed this morning!) or to me (wasn't so kind when I walked into daycare last night only to have her show me her grass stained capris and tell me I needed to get her to the store now to buy her some new pants for dance....because it wasn't her fault I MADE her wear white capris). My favorite though was when she weeded through the pictures I gave her to turn in to post on the bullentin board and she KINDLY removed the picture of her, my mom and my grandma because "she didn't look very cute in it". (she was 9 months old and in head to toe gymboree, what could possibily not be cute about that!) I keep telling myself she is saving up all that kindness for those outside her family!

3 comments:

Amy said...

SOOOOOO Blasted FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I always used to tell my students parents...Wouldn't you MUCH rather them be kind in public and a turkey at home than the other way around!?!?!? At least this way people THINK we have adorably nice children!! :)

Way to go Kaitlyn...Keep up the HARD WORK! :)

Becky ♥ said...

Way to go Kaitlyn! That is so neat! :)

Heather said...

Congrats Kaitlyn! And way to keep her humble mom, lol!