Friday, January 4, 2008

31 Years Young!

Well today I officially became "THIRTY SOMETHING". Last years big 3-0 was hard but I am chalking that up to just coming home for a fabulous vacation in Hawaii and going from nice warm weather with bright blue water to the freezing, cold, grey days of winter in Washington. I am pleasantly surprised to not be bothered by the number that just keeps getting bigger and bigger... funny that seems to be a common thing in my life. ha ha

Last night my parents did the traditional pizza dinner with friends and family. I had a great time visiting with everyone and it meant so much that people took time out of their busy schedules to come celebrate with me. The kids spent over $40 in quarters on ballons, bouncy balls and other junk. It was another birthday :-) Tonight Rick and I are going to go to Anthony's for dinner... my favorite! Kaitlyn is having a sleep over at Grammie's with Meredith and Trace is going to stay at the sitters a little late.

My parents got on the road this morning for 2 months of non-winter in San Diego at their condo. They were a little hesitant leaving because a storm is hitting northern CA but I think they were ready to get out of here. Last night they called to say they were going to wait a day. First thing this morning dad called to say he was so glad they decided to not leave because the storm was hitting and by 11 they had decided to go ahead and head out. They crack me up! They will head over the Desert for my cousins birthday next weekend and they are hoping to book a last minute cruise to Mexico during one of the weeks they are down there. I'm excited for them! That is what being retired is all about.

I am working all day tomorrow so we don't have any big weekend plans. Rick finished the last of the siding on the garage. I'm sure he will work on some tape and mud inside over the weekend. It is ready for final inspection though. So nice to have one project just about wrapped up. Can't wait be able to cross the next one off the list.

What ever your plans are for the weekend, enjoy!

1 comment:

tharker said...

Happy Birthday Karen! I hope you have had a wonderful day and enjoy your dinner at Anthony's!

I've still never been there. Spencer is allergic to shellfish, and even the smell of it sets him off, so if I ever want to go, I guess I'll need to make it a girl's night.