Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ok...snow and ice can be gone now

Talk about ready for life to go back to normal! The kids have been home for the last 2 days with school being cancelled. Yesterday I had no problem staying home and it was extra nice having Rick home with us too. It was so bad that Hanford closed the entire site down. Today we were automatically on a 2 hour delay but by 7:30 they had cancelled all the districts. Turned out to be a little silly as it warmed up to like 42 degrees out and the roads that had been plowed were fine. The roads that hadn't been are a huge slushy mess though.

Anyways, I am done with snow days :-) The kids are so tired of being inside and I am paying the price! Rick's mom called me and ended up coming and getting them tonight to take them to the indoor playground at McDonalds because she knew I was at the end of my rope. Trace got in the car and she told him to blow me a kiss and he stuck his tongue out a me... 5 days of together time non-stop has been a bit much on both of us. As soon as I got inside I was feeling so guilty making her deal with him I called her and told her if he acted up once to call me and I would come and get him. She started laughing and said as soon as they pulled away he was totally fine. He needed a mommy break!!

So I am just finishing up my last few minutes of quiet. They should be back any minute and then I have to go into overdrive to get them all bathed and ready for school tomorrow. Kaitlyn will have to go in first thing for her doctors stuff. Hope she had a big dinner because she can't eat until after the test tomorrow :-( I just pray that some new storm doesn't roll in tonight!

So yea, there's my mother of the year vent. Stay at home moms, I have much respect for you! I know my kids are creatures of habit and we are just used to our routines. And now I'm ready to get back to them! Oh but I do love them so much :-)

Here's to a warm night, no more snow and no more ice!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hee-hee. Blake has been home all week sick. Luckily it's just one home and he stays in bed most of the day, but I'm starting to go nuts just having been in this apartment for 4 days. I totally feel your pain of having 2 healthy kids stuck in the house for that long!

tharker said...

I so get you on this one!