Friday, January 11, 2008

S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G

Most of you that read this blog know that spelling is SO NOT MY THING! I have heard the story of Rick's spelling bee, mostly because that was the night Miss Sara decided to join the world :-) Well Kaitly obviously gets the spelling gene from her daddy. She was selected as one of the top 4 spellers in her room, through a class spelling bee. On Monday she competes against 11 other 1st grade spellers from her school. She called everyone last night to share her big news. I didn't work with her on her words as much as I should have so I didn't think she would make it, well shame on me.

Her word to make it to the final 4... BUZZER. Not bad for 1st grade, and yes I am one proud and boasting mom :-)

We'll work on her words this weekend but keep her in your thoughts on Monday. Go Kait!!

3 comments:

tharker said...

Way to go Kaitlyn!

Yeah...I remember your spelling...good thing she has Rick! heehee!

Becky ♥ said...

Way to go Kaitlyn! That is so cool, spelling bee's were always my favorite in school :)

The 4 Martells said...

Hi Karen- That is so funny that you found us. I love this blogging thing. I am very new at it but it is way to cool. Yes we had a great Christmas and are looking forward to a good year. It was nice to hear from you. Holli