Saturday, January 26, 2008

SLACKER!

What a slacker I have been on here all week! Its been a pretty good week, not too busy which has been nice! No school on Monday really made it nice. I stayed home with the kids and spent all day Sunday and Monday cleaning. I shampooed carpets, cleaned floors, gave Rick and I's bedroom a good clean up and did laundry... and more laundry... and more laundry! I remember my mom washing every day and until I had 2 kids, I never thought that could be possible. But to keep up this week it happened. Yuck!

Wednesday night we celebrated our niece Sara's 21st birthday. The family all gathered at El Cap for dinner and drinks. She celebrated al-right :-)


Thursday Kaitlyn got her report card, straight A's! She makes us so proud. She works so hard and loves school and learning so much. For how hard she works, I wouldn't care if she got C's but to be rewarded is so nice! She had to memorize a bible verse or a poem to recite to her class. She did such a good job she was chosen to recite hers on February 4th at her schools Speech Meet. She told us she had to say it in front of 1000 people. Well not quite but it is basically just like a spelling bee and there will be students chosen to go move on to a district level. Her verse is Ephesians 6:1-3. She has to recite it and then say what it means to her. Now if I can just get her to REMEMBER what it means :-)

I have the weekend off so yesterday I ran Kaitlyn up to school and then came home. Rick had some running around to do so he went up to pick her up. I took Trace in for a hair cut, that he really needed!
We ran back up to Tri-Cities last night to look at a trailer, which wasn't what we were looking for. Had dinner at Red Robin and then ran a few quick errands. We bought a game of Yahtzee and came home and played it with the kids. Rick of course won. Trace only made it through about 1/2 the game but we had fun.
Rick is at a go-kart meeting this morning. I'm taking the kids up to Chuck E Cheese for a birthday party at noon. He'll meet us there when his meeting is over. Not sure after that what we'll do. I have some grocery shopping to do and he has a Home Depot run to make. I don't think we have any other plans tonight or tomorrow. It is supposed to snow all weekend and while it hasn't started yet, it looks like it could start any time. It is cold!!
I hope it is warmer where you are and if it isn't, that you are nice and toasty and enjoying your Saturday!

3 comments:

The 4 Martells said...

Sounds like you had a busy but enjoyable week. Karen from what I read you sound like a great Mom and most of all very happy. Hope you have a great rest of your weekend. Holli

tharker said...

Yeah, I'm not sure you could even come close to qualifyifng as a slacker. You were busy!

Enjoy the snow, and be careful on that horrible ice!

Becky ♥ said...

I love the pics and it sounds like you guys had a real busy weekend but fun!