Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Snow...Stadium...Sleds

Well winter has hit. It started snowing this morning, took a break during the day and then started back up this afternoon. It has been snowing like crazy all evening. So we bundled up the kids and headed to the stadium with Wendy and Carson. Of course Kaitlyn did not like the walk up the hill but she loved the ride down. And Trace, he is such a dare devil there is no stopping him. I'm surprised he didn't want to stand up on the sleds and try to make it down on his feet like the kids next to us were trying out. Wendy and Rick kept saying how surprised they were that not very many kids were out, there were only about 15 or 20. They talked about how packed it would get when they were growing up and Rick remembered being able to start at the fence at the VERY top and making it accross the parking lot. I even went down a few times and took a few snowballs in the legs and arms from my loving husband. Hopefully it sticks around for a few days so we can sled more. I called to see if Rick's dad wanted to go with us... we'll get him on a sled before winter is out!


Amee and Mitch fly out in the morning for Hawaii... yea, leave when winter actually gets fun :-) I'm actually just trying to make myself feel better because I so wish it was me leaving for Hawaii! Here's wishing them a fabulous and safe trip.

2 comments:

tharker said...

Such fun pictures! I love snow...until it all freezes on the roads and driving is all crazy...but yeah it's lots of fun!

Heather said...

It's 70 here (hee-hee)!