Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow-Sun-Wind

Another weekend down, why can't they be longer??? We had a pretty quiet and low-key weekend. Both kids woke up Saturday morning with runny noses and scratchy throats so Rick decided it would be a good day to just stay home. I had to work until 4 and surprisingly we weren't totally dead.

Today when I got up to get the newspaper it was snowing. I don't really care if it is the first snow of the year or the 25th snow of the year, I love waking up to snowfall. But it didn't last long. The sun came out and it disappeared just as quickly as it had arrived. Unfortunately the sun did not bring any warmth and the wind started around 1 and it hasn't stopped! I am hoping that it will calm down enough for the kids to sleep!

Rick headed to Tri-Cities for the Sportsmen show with his brother and I took on the task of cleaning and organizing Trace's room. I had a whole plan in tact and it actually came together and it didn't take to long to it done. I took out a huge bin (the size of a small toy box) of toys he has outgrown, not to mention a big lawn sack of garbage. I re-arranged the furniture and when I put him to bed a few minutes ago, IT WAS STILL CLEAN! My living room on the other hand, NOT SO CLEAN.

Both kids still have the runny noses and coughs. Since neither have school tomorrow I just decided to keep them home. Since I didn't get much housework besides T-Man's room done today, I have a lot to do tomorrow! And hopefully one more inside low-key day will get the kids a nice head start to being over this bug when they go back to school on Tuesday and are around every other sick kid in town.

That was our big weekend... I hope all of you had a great one and if you have tomorrow off, ENJOY!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry to hear the kids have sniffles. Give them big (((HUGS))).

The Morfords said...

Hope the kids are feeling better quickly - those colds seem to be vicious this year!