Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blizard Beach...preparing for our homecoming.

Day 7 Blizzard Beach – We saved the water park for the day that was supposed to be the warmest. As it turned out, it wasn’t the greatest day but it was fine, enough to give a little color on our skin! Rick and Kaity dropped Trace and I off at the kids area for Trace to run and play while they jumped on the chair lift and headed up to the top to go down Summit Plummet. I really had no interest in going down a slide that drops you 120 feet STRAIGHT DOWN! When they went down the speedometer wasn’t working but most people averaged 50-55 mph. CRAZY! So we enjoyed a day of sliding and swimming. Kaitlyn kept telling me I had to try that crazy slide so I finally gave in and she and I went up.

Since my worst fear ever is heights so just walking up to the top made me want to puke. I refused to look down the entire time, certainly not on that slide! They have you lay down, cross your feet and arms and then they remove the bar and you push off. I did my best not to scream as I went… but I did it! I was about ½ way down and realized my top was flying up, great! Thank god for the built in bras, haha. I went 50 mph and Kaitlyn followed me down and was clocked at 52 mph. It was an amazing ride!

The only scary moment happened when Trace went down an inner-tube ride all by himself. The ride down was fine, even in the dark! But when he got to the bottom he forgot he couldn’t touch and jumped off the tube! The life guard had to jump in after him. He was so embarrassed. He cried and cried. But jumped right back in the pool and didn’t think twice about it from then, haha.


We dropped the kids off with my parents and they took them to their pool. Rick and I headed to town to buy a new suitcase. We got so much stuff we needed a new bag, how sad is that! We then went back to the hotel and got all packed up. After we grabbed a quick bite to eat we walked out of the restaurant and heard all this commotion and laughter at the bar. So we walked over there only to see our children up dancing and shaking their booties with the piano player at the bar. We watched and laughed and laughed for a few minutes. What a great ending! The trip went by so fast but we had such an amazing time! If you ever have the chance to visit Disney World you should do it. It was a great, great vacation and the service was fabulous.

No comments: