Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving, very low key but very nice. Rick spent almost the entire day working on the remodel and I for the first time ever prepared the entire meal all by myself. Kristin and Scott came over and enjoyed our little feast. Everything came out great and Scott was very impressed that the mash potatoes were real and not out of a box, hehehe.

After dinner we headed down to Dave and Sue's for desert. It is a tradition that everyone ends up at their house and we fill out our Christmas Wish Lists (to be posted on the side of the fridge), graze on left overs and enjoy a whole bunch of different deserts. Rick and the kids played Sorry and the big girls all went over the ads seeing if there was anything we just couldn't live without during the sales.

Friday morning I rolled out of bed at 4 am and drove down the block grabbed Sue and headed to Sunnyside. Coolest thing...THEY LET YOU IN THE STORE. Sue was after a TV and I was after the portable DVD players for the kids (for the plane ride not Christmas). Sue took her cart and positioned herself in front of the TVs and I went to the back of the store and found the DVD players. At 5 am they let people start grabbing. We checked out drove back to Prosser and I was home enjoying my pillow by 5:37. I apparently was exhausted because I did not wake up until Kaity woke up at 9:30! Trace wondered out of the bedroom at 10.

The rest of the weekend I worked on packing and getting everything ready for our big adventure. We leave tomorrow morning at 5:20 (UGGG!! That means leaving our house at 3:30am) and land in Orlando at 4pm. We will enjoy the next 7 days on Disney property exploring all the Disney parks. The kids and I will then fly home and Rick will stay, meet up with his dad and brother and then head to the Performance Racing Industy show until the 14th. They rented a car for the 13th and will head to Daytona. We are so excited!! The kids are beyond ready to go... silly me though scheduled a day full of craziness! At 2 today Trace has an eye appointment, then we have swimming lessons at 3:30 and then I have 25 poinsettas to deliever (Kaitlyn sold them for a school project). I finished all the packing over the weekend so its just finishing up the little stuff and the carry on bags. It is going to be a long day tomorrow but so worth it!

I can't get my pics to upload so if I get a minute later I will try again, if not I will upload them when we get home along with a bunch from our trip.

We hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for all of our family and friends. 23 days til Christmas!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Have a great trip!

The Morfords said...

Hope you guys have a blast - and some nice, warm weather!