Monday, December 15, 2008

A Kingdom for the Animals...

Day 5 Animal Kingdom – Considering how tired we all were, shockingly we were up at a decent hour. We boarded the bus and headed to Animal Kingdom. The nice thing here is that when riding the bus the people are happy to share with you all the must see’s at each park. So we had our agenda for Animal Kingdom. My parent’s friend Pat was working at Animal Kingdom today (he works for the cruise line and works part time signing people up to take cruises) and met them to get them in on his pass. He then gave them a handful of fast passes and priority seating pass for the Lion King Show. Rick and I had already grabbed fast passes for the safari ride so we hustled back down to the Lion King show. It was unbelievable, and makes me want to see the Lion King that much more! Trace was mad that the animals weren’t real so we headed out of there and jumped on the safari ride. We loved that and saw lots of big beautiful animals. We explored and enjoyed our way through the park and then headed to our 2:30 lunch reservation at Yak and Yeti’s. We had a fabulous lunch and decided that since it was cold (only 62 today) we better do the river ride before it got any cooler. We grabbed our rain gear (that Wendy had told me to make sure and have) and jumped on. My mom only made it through once but Rick, the kids and I stayed for a 2nd trip. Trace wasn’t tall enough to ride Expedition Everest so he went with my parents and we took Kaity on the ride she was dying to go on.

Expedition Everest…. It is rated the #1 must do ride on the show that plays OVER AND OVER AND OVER again on the hotel television. It is like the materhorn but different…lol. That thing is fast, steep and freaking awesome! You get to the top and the track is broken so you go back down backwards. It totally freaked me out but I loved it.

We ended our day on the Dinosaur ride, which was a little to much for the kids between the bumpy ride and scary dinos every where. It was also a little to much for me after Everest. Kaitlyn then headed to Epcot with my mom to watch some of the Christmas show and my dad, Rick, Trace and I came back to the hotel. We are going to enjoy some down time tonight and gear up for Hollywood Studio’s tomorrow. They have the extended hours tomorrow night so it could be a late night. I can’t believe how fast this week has gone and how soon we are going home. A few more days to soak in everything this place has to offer.

I know you are very jealous of Kaity and I's fabulous bugeye eye wear! And I thought you might enjoy Trace's version of eating with chop sticks. Worked out pretty well for him!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am so jealous! I have wanted to go to The Animal Kingdom ever since it opened. What a great way to show the kids animals in their own enviornment.